The Original Saxon Club was built on Franklin Ave. on Youngstown’s lower Southside. Until 1967, this building included a bar for its membership and a dance hall located on the second floor. As further progress and construction of Interstate 680 continued, it put an end to the Saxon Club’s existence on the Southside. During this time period, the leadership of the Saxon organization had the foresight to buy property in Austintown Township. In 1941, the Youngstown Saxon Club purchased close to sixteen acres of farmland on Meridian Rd. in Austintown and opened what was called the Saxon Acres. At that location, summer picnics, activities and dances were held as well as having an open-air wooden pavilion being constructed. This pavilion, enclosed, expanded and even recently remodeled as it remains today.